Nov 4, 2011

BP Movie Review; Tower Heist

-image from movieweb.com

IMDB Plot Summery
When a group of hard working guys find out they've fallen victim to a wealthy business man's Ponzi scheme, they conspire to rob his high-rise residence.

Review by Christian Salinas
Expectations…
The trailer didn’t make this seem like this was going to be a laugh out load comedy, but being that his film has a pretty high profile cast, I was expecting solid top notch comedy for “grown-ups”… it came close, but the comedy just pretty much stays at a consistent tome.

Entertainment Value…
This is a very entertaining film, especially the first half. It never gets boring, and all of the characters are very alive and animated, and they keep you involved in the movie throughout.

Overall…
‘Tower Heist’ reminds me of the ‘Strong Man’ competitions where you automatically assume the biggest looking guy is going to be the winner, but he ends up not being able to finish the obstacle course while carrying two full beer kegs on his back. By that, I don’t mean to say this movie is a loser, but with huge names like Stiller and Murphy, I was just expecting a bigger comedic-punch. I like that the comedy stays consistent with the tone of the film, and that all of the characters are interesting in their own way. I also really appreciate how the subject matter is definitely very significant to actual current events, and how the overall plot is pretty well structured (even if some of the details were a little silly), but I still didn’t walk out of the theater feeling like I got my money’s worth. (at least not the full ticket price, I might not have felt that way if I had seen it as a matinee)

The Good…
Most of the characters are likeable, and the first half of the film is genuinely funny and entertaining.

The Not So Good…
Not as funny as you would expect a team-up of big names like Stiller and Murphy.

No comments: